Question No Stereo sound on Steam games

Apr 18, 2019
Hello,

I have no stereo sound on games, but if I go to Realtek HD sound manager, change from stereo to 7.1 and relaunch the game, then I have sound. What's the problem with Stereo?

I have 2.1 speakers (Logitech Z623). My soundcard is an integrated one of my MSI Z170A Gaming M7 motherboard.

I have no sound issues with Stereo y normal use in Windows 10, only with games.

Thank you.

Last edited:

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
I have Logitech headphones and I’m forever having problems with their audio drivers, especially because I switch between different devices. For me I solved the problem by going to the device manager and deleting everything associated with that particular Logitech device.

Give that a go then reset your pc so it downloads the drivers again and see how you get on.

Apr 18, 2019
I have Logitech headphones and I’m forever having problems with their audio drivers, especially because I switch between different devices. For me I solved the problem by going to the device manager and deleting everything associated with that particular Logitech device.

Give that a go then reset your pc so it downloads the drivers again and see how you get on.

I have speakers, no headphones, so there are no drivers, only for the soundcard that is an integrated one of my MSI Z170A Gaming M7 motherboard. Sorry, I forgot to add this info to the OP. I will add it now.

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
There’s a few things I would try in this situation:

1. If your monitor has a jack on it try plugging it in there to see if the issue is the same.

2. Even though you are connected via a jack, windows might have automatically downloaded a driver for your speakers. If it did you should see it somewhere in device manager, probably under audio. Try removing the driver and resetting as previously suggested, just to rule it out.

3. Check if there is another audio manager on your pc conflicting with the Realtek settings such as windows sound settings and / or potentially a sound manager that came with your motherboard.