No such interface supported

I'd recommend getting ahold of your install DVD and loading it up while the system is running to perform an "in-place upgrade." This is the same procedure normally used to upgrade from an existing Windows Vista installation, but works just fine from within Windows 7, and can restore broken system settings.

Ultomate1

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
I have been having this issue where I would right click desktop choose personalize and get a message caused by explorer exe "no such interface supported". I work for a computer manuf. some of my tech friends found a fix that I just tried and resolved my issue:

“ Explorer .exe - No such interface supported” error in Windows 7

Customers may report that when they are attempting to navigate in Windows, such as opening Display Properties, they are experiencing the following error: Explorer.exe – No such interface supported. To resolve this issue, run the following command to reregister all DLL files for explorer.

1. Click Start . In the Search box, type CMD . At the top of the window, right-click the cmd icon and choose Run as Administrator .

2. At the prompt, type in FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe" /s "%G" and press <Enter>.

This will take several minutes to complete. There will be several C+ Runtime errors that will appear, as well as the system slowing down. Close all boxes that come on the screen except the CMD boxes. Once complete(it will come back to a c: prompt), restart the system and test.

acidnine

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Just so everyone knows before blindly running a DO LOOP while administrator using a weird command... the below will actually (while using the regsrv32 engine invoke any (if present) self-registration methods that are embedded in ever dll on your C:\ drive, thus the misc errors that occur, many dlls use relative environment paths that would not exist globally. Also... run a virus scan before doing this incase there are any malicious dlls that a flakey virus scanner may have "quarantined". Anyways, just be cautious. perhaps only run this in the Windows and System/System32 folders.

raziel2014

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014

Hi
after tring the FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe" /s "%G" and press <Enter>.
My explorer got to normal but after reeboot my windos wont start...i have to OS im diferent parcions (windos7 and xp) maybe i can with xp do something???can you help me pleas??

Spini

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015

Sir, you are brilliant... thank you so much for this solution. Every other posts I found were totally wrong.

gregc63

Honorable
Oct 7, 2015

Worked flawlessly, thanks!!

Steven_81

Commendable
May 3, 2016

I know this post is 4 years old, but this command just saved my bacon yesterday on a user's laptop so whomever posted it - THANK YOU!!!

Chris_233

Commendable
May 13, 2016

NICE! I seriously just popped a boner. It worked! It took my system about an hour to run through this process... be patient!

Raheel99

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

Raheel99

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

Awesome. It work like charm. Lots of message boxes and some popup appear, command ran almost 40 minutes. After reboot everything working fine. I know that windows program regsvr32 is used for registering dll, ocx etc. This command registering all .dll in drive C in a loop and fixing registry error.

This command work on all dll on drive C, that is the reason my 3ds max program is now showing error on core.dll and I have install 3ds max again.