[SOLVED] No Support Disc

drummond52

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
I just bought a refurbished ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer for my Grand daughter, it did not come with a support disc, I am reading doing a google search that I can download the drivers from ASUS website and put them onto a jump drive, my questions are

1. does this jump drive have to be bootable, if so what software would I use
  2. this motherboard is a windows 7 but can be updated to windows 10, should I load windows 7 and after everything is running upgrade to windows 10 or should I just install the windows 10 drivers right away.

Sorry if this question seems silly but I have only built one other computer and that came with the DVD with everythin on.

Thank you for your assistance in advance

John

Solution
Where did you get this? Who did the 'refurb'?
What OS is on it now? Win 7? Is it fully licensed and activated? Do you have the actual license key? (the seller is required to give you that)
It really needs a full reinstall with Win 10.

For the drivers that might have been on a 'support disk'...no, that USB does not have to be bootable. You use that AFTER the OS is installed.

USAFRet

Titan
Where did you get this? Who did the 'refurb'?
What OS is on it now? Win 7? Is it fully licensed and activated? Do you have the actual license key? (the seller is required to give you that)
It really needs a full reinstall with Win 10.

For the drivers that might have been on a 'support disk'...no, that USB does not have to be bootable. You use that AFTER the OS is installed.

Solution

drummond52

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Thank you for your reply, I only bought the motherboard I have the windows disk which is fully licensed, I bought the board through Newegg store although it came from Hong Kong,

John