no USB 2.0 on 865PE motherboard

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Hi,

I have an Aopen 865PE based motherboard which does support USB 2.0

I am running XP Pro with service pack 1 and have installed all drivers from
the CD (including the Intel INF setup file) but have no USB 2 support.

All the ports work (and the BIOS says USB 2.0 is enabled) but windows always
says a hi speed device is plugged into a low speed port, I have re-ran and
re-installed all the USB drivers but it should have worked straight away.
THe motherboard manual does not mention any tricks to get USB 2.0 working,
google has shown several other people with this problem but no answers.

Any help?

Thankyou,
Damo

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:54:21 +1000, "Damo"
<mrblenny@_spammish_internode.on.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have an Aopen 865PE based motherboard which does support USB 2.0
>
>I am running XP Pro with service pack 1 and have installed all drivers from
>the CD (including the Intel INF setup file) but have no USB 2 support.
>
>All the ports work (and the BIOS says USB 2.0 is enabled) but windows always
>says a hi speed device is plugged into a low speed port, I have re-ran and
>re-installed all the USB drivers but it should have worked straight away.
>THe motherboard manual does not mention any tricks to get USB 2.0 working,
>google has shown several other people with this problem but no answers.
>
>Any help?
>
>Thankyou,
>Damo

Was XP installed at SP1 level or was XP installed then later
SP1?

Try going into the properties for the USB Controllers in
Device Manager. For any that read "Open" instead of
"Enhanced", on those entries' driver tab, try "Update
Driver".

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

"kony" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:54:21 +1000, "Damo"
> <mrblenny@_spammish_internode.on.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have an Aopen 865PE based motherboard which does support USB 2.0
> >
> >I am running XP Pro with service pack 1 and have installed all drivers
from
> >the CD (including the Intel INF setup file) but have no USB 2 support.
> >
> >All the ports work (and the BIOS says USB 2.0 is enabled) but windows
always
> >says a hi speed device is plugged into a low speed port, I have re-ran
and
> >re-installed all the USB drivers but it should have worked straight away.
> >THe motherboard manual does not mention any tricks to get USB 2.0
working,
> >google has shown several other people with this problem but no answers.
> >
> >Any help?
> >
> >Thankyou,
> >Damo
> >

> Was XP installed at SP1 level or was XP installed then later
> SP1?
>
> Try going into the properties for the USB Controllers in
> Device Manager. For any that read "Open" instead of
> "Enhanced", on those entries' driver tab, try "Update
> Driver".

XP was installed with SP1 and device manager already reports an enhanced
controller.

Puzzled,
Damo