no usb ports at windows login :(

G

I upgraded to a gigabyte z97x-soc force motherboard with my i5-4670k. Everything was working fine until I got to the windows login screen, and none of the keyboards and mice work.

I have tried wireless and wired which still work in bios, but the lights go out at the login screen.

Please help!

G

I haven't been able to install the usb 3.0 drivers because I can't get past the login screen. I have been using usb 2.0 ports.

G

Yes, I am using the same windows installation.

I experimented with a new copy of windows on a spare hard drive and found that the problem reoccurred as soon as it had completed updates and so I believe the problem lies in a windows update- this is what causes the problem of the usb ports once windows had loaded.

I have ordered a PS/2 mouse to see if I can then uninstall the update and hope that 'reactivates' the USB ports.

I will update then or if I discover anything else.

G

Yes, for the test, I unplugged my original hard drive. The original installation successfully boots to windows, but I can't login because the keyboard doesn't work. I think this is due to a windows update.

I think it did updates just before I changed the motherboard which would explain my problem. (hopefully)

G

sadly, this didn't work. It seems there was a problem with the motherboard, because when I switched back to the original board, everything worked fine.

G

It did, but as I said above, in the end, I returned the new board and went back to my old one.

Thank you for trying to help me though :).

TRENDING THREADS