No VGA - Have replaced almost everything - Nothing works - Please Help

onegroovydude

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Hi. I'm at a dead end. My computer stopped showing on the screen (blue screen - no vga). I checked it on another monitor and didn't change anything. I replaced the cable and it didn't work. Then I replaced the video card and that didn't help. Then I replaced the motherboard, still nothing. Replaced the cpu. I have 4 sticks of ram. I tried one stick at a time, didn't work. I've unplugged both dvd drives and my card reader thinking that might be causing the issue but it didn't help. So what's next? Can the power supply go bad? Could it be the ram still. I've almost replaced the entire inside. It's very annoying. Thanks for anyone that can help. I really appreciate it.

onegroovydude

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
It's not actually my build. It was done at a company but I've had it for several years with no issue. When the screen suddenly stopped showing a picture I replaced a piece at a time with exactly what was in it. The only thing I haven't replaced is the power supply. Here's what's in it:

Intel D945GTP Motherboard
Pentium D Processor
GeForce 8600 GT Video Card
4x 1gb Centon Ram
OCZ Power Supply

onegroovydude

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Thanks a lot. You've sent some great links. A lot of that I've been wanting to know for a long time. Would a new power supply have the same plug configuration as mine, or has everything changed? Also, when hooking up, does it run in a series from the dvd drives down? For some reason I was thinking that. Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it. I haven't had my computer going in months and moved to the country where there is no help available at all. I've really been missing not having a computer.

TRENDING THREADS