No video from GPU, no onboard graphics

Feb 28, 2018
A few weeks ago, my ancient, useless GT 210 kicked the bucket. My motherboard (an Asus P5N32E-SLI that I got in a sale about a decade ago) doesn't have any integrated graphics, and I hence needed a new GPU. I settled on the MSI OC version of the GT 1030, mostly because I don't trust my power supply with anything more than that. I plugged it into the PCI-E slot on the motherboard, turned the PC on, and... nothing. I then went to my friend's house for help, and he proceeded to update the BIOS to version 1502, as well as clearing the CMOS. Still, my little GT 1030 refuses to work. I think it's probably an issue with HDMI, as the HDMI slot on my GT 210 was non-functional as well. Everything else in the PC seems fine- RAM, PSU cables etc., so what can I do to get my card working?

Feb 28, 2018

It may well be the case, then, that it's not going to work. Interestingly, though, it looks like someone's got this motherboard working with a 1060, so that should mean that Pascal-based GPU's can work, shouldn't it?
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/4672618

Feb 28, 2018

I don't have VGA or DVI- just HDMI and DP.

Wolfshadw

Titan

I don't know if the UEFI requirement is card specific or chipset specific.

-Wolf sends