Question No video from second Quadro 4000 graphics card in dual CPU dual adapter HP Z820

Jan 18, 2021
I have received an HP Z820 dual-Xeon workstation and installed two of the original NVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphics cards. They are in the designated PCI slots - one per CPU. I get perfect video from DP ports 1 and 2 on the first card. I get no output from the 2nd card's DP ports. I've swapped cards/slots to verify that I don't have a dead card. I can also see both cards and all their details in the NVIDIA settings utility. I picked this workstation and card config because I want to run three 2560x1440 displays. (Possibly 4 displays at some point.) I'm running Fedora 33 that seems fine in all respects. Any ideas what magic I need to work to get video out of the second card? BIOS/UEFI settings? X Server config? Thanks in advance!

kanewolf

Titan
I have received an HP Z820 dual-Xeon workstation and installed two of the original NVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphics cards. They are in the designated PCI slots - one per CPU. I get perfect video from DP ports 1 and 2 on the first card. I get no output from the 2nd card's DP ports. I've swapped cards/slots to verify that I don't have a dead card. I can also see both cards and all their details in the NVIDIA settings utility. I picked this workstation and card config because I want to run three 2560x1440 displays. (Possibly 4 displays at some point.) I'm running Fedora 33 that seems fine in all respects. Any ideas what magic I need to work to get video out of the second card? BIOS/UEFI settings? X Server config? Thanks in advance!
Since this is a Linux OS, it is probably an issue with the display manager not picking up the second card. Have you posted over on the Fedora group ?