No Video, No Beeps, No Boot but... I CAN PING IT.... WEIRDDDD.. PLEASE HELP

Nov 29, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Hopefully some one can help with a really strange problem im having:

I recently changed my GC from a GTX 660 to a vega 64 (reference). After physically changing the cards I booted up installed the drivers and the computer restarted to finish installing.

After restarting i have no video, no beep codes to troubleshoot nothing. The LED lights on the MB comes on i can see the video card fan spinning, the CPU fan works evrything just no video.

At first i tried the following:
1. Troubleshooting the memory by taking it out, still no beep codes.
2. I reset my BIOS still nothing same as before. disconnected PSU reload same.
3. Different memory in different slots no difference.
4. Checked my monitor on my laptop to make sure thats working as well as the hdmi cable.
5. removed video card and tried the on board hdmi - same thing
6. Finally i logged in to my home router through my laptop and saw that the PC was still getting an
IP. I pinged the PC and guess what it replied.

What the actual F, Ive never seen anything like this.

Thus far it seems everything works, except it doesnt. For a pc to reply to a ping im gussing it at least has to load the OS right. Which means good RAM, CPU, HD's ETC...But still no video on board or through the cards , no beep error codes, just a blank screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated:

heres my specs in case:

CPU: amd ryzen 1600
MEM: Corsair Vengence LPX 16GB 2 x 8
MB: Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming 5
Video Cards: GTX 660 / Vega 64
EVGA 600 B1, 80+ BRONZE 600W

5. removed video card and tried the on board hdmi - same thing
Because either the cpu or MB does not have iGPU. That does not work.

If you had other PSU, then try it. Or you should try to use the gtx660. If you can boot up the PC, use DDU to uninstall the GPU drivers. Or test the PSU with paper clip method. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=63991
DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html

Keep in mind the vega 64 will draw more power than the gtx660, and the PSU evga b1 600W is not the good PSU for vega 64.

Nov 29, 2018
SO as it turns out the issue was the BIOS. I had to reset and proceeded to update it.
Dont know if the vega caused the problem or just hardware compatiability

Thanks @cin9 for your suggestion.