Question No video on PC while HW seems fine: completely stuck

debontehond

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
My PC does not output any video anymore. I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 (think build 1809) and also updated my Radeon drivers and all was fine. I added some SATA cables to plug disks from my NAS for recovery and since then I have no video. Nothing: not even BIOS at boot. The monitor works just fine on my laptop so thats not the issue. My onboard GPU is disabled in BIOS so I am not sure if the GPU is broken or the motherboard suddenly failed.

I unplugged all the peripherals and cards and still nothing. Removed the GPU and nothing. I tried resetting the BIOS (turning off PC and shorting the CMOS pins) and no success. I also removed the CMOS battery and still nothing. I am at at loss here and don't know how to either fix this issue of at least find out for sure what hardware to replace. Any suggestions?

Key specs:
Win 10
Intel Core i7-6700K Boxed
Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP
MSI Radeon RX 470 GAMING X 4G

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
When doing the clear cmos you did not just turn off the power,but really took the powerplug out of the wall or at least switch the psu to off?

Maybe with new sata cables added you shorted the motherboard,cannot be sure,only way to test is with other components.