Question No video output

May 30, 2022
Hello, I have an old PC with an ECS motherboard with socket 370 (celeron 733) which is not showing video output (no signal at all). The PC is on, all the fans are running.
The motherboard has no integrated video card.
I tried with 2 different AGP video cards (they are compatible AGP 2x) and it doesn't work. I also tried with an ATI Radeon 7000 pci card, without success.
I used 2 different monitors, I alternated 2 different ram modules and I even tried 2 different processors, but no video output.
The previous owner told me he used it with a non AGP video card (so I assume PCI) because the motherboard won't work with AGP board. The MB actually has 2 ISA slots, but I don't have an ISA video card to use.
Do you have any ideas on how to solve?
Regards,
F.

Not to deflect your question, but why would you even want to run this anyhow? You can't install any modern OS on this hardware and unless you are strictly planning to use this with some old point of sale software or strictly offline with an old Windows OS specifically for only running an old piece of software, it would be so incredibly lacking in the ability to be made secure that you could never use it for anything over any network or online without taking a major risk.

For me, the bottom line is that the hardware is SOOOO old, the probability is that either the board is dead on the AGP bus or the cards are dead. Hardware doesn't last forever, even when not in use. Capacitors age, solder points come loose, electrical traces get damaged from being tossed about or shuffled around in a drawer, etc. IMO anything old enough (And a lot of stuff much newer than that) to still require the use of an AGP video card is too old to use for anything, at all, other than if you have a very specific application you MUST use and can only get it to run on a very old OS version.