Question No visble RAM module slot on board. All online examples have a slot right in the middle where mine has nothing.

May 3, 2023
I'm trying to help out a family member to add an 8GB RAM module they bought to a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15IGL05. All the documentation online for IdeaPad 3's were slightly different models and all showed an obvious RAM upgrade slot. The one I opened up appears its non upgradable.

It comes with Windows 11 in S-Mode but only has 4GB of RAM which seems silly that they aren't making 8GB the minimum for Win 11. It is otherwise a sleek budget 2021 year laptop with a SSD and a decent Pentium Silver and HD display. In task manager it maxes out just trying to run a web browser and File Explorer simultaneously. All of the 3.7GB available RAM will be in use and then starts freezing. I'd be shocked if they designed a few of these IdeaPad 3's purposely without the ability to upgrade it. Its not as if it was super cheap when purchased so that seems wrong.

The 1st picture is the one I have and the 2nd is what all the online examples look like that show how to upgrade an IdeaPad 3 but none we're my exact model. The Lenovo site and manual online does not have instructions for upgrading RAM and I've never seen a Motherboard with a built in module only. So that is really the case with this one?

Your photos are not visible.
Upload to imgur.com and post link.

See here.
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15IGL05 ram is not upgradeable.

Placa-base-reacondicionada-para-port-til-Lenovo-Ideapad-3-15IGL05-con-CPU-N4020-4GB-de-RAM.jpg

May 3, 2023
I forgot the pictures in the above message.
Top one is mine. Second is how all other Ideapad3's look that I could find online for RAM upgrade examples--->>
20230503-022707.jpg

Screenshot-20230503-022355-Duck-Duck-Go.jpg