[SOLVED] No warranty if i watercool?:((

purpleshadowba

Commendable
Jan 2, 2018
I wanted to buy a 2070 gaming z for my next watercooled build ,but when i read the warranty info page i was unsure if i should buy it .It sais:

1.The product or warranty label has been defaced, altered or rendered difficult or impossible to decipher such that the serial number is falsified, missing, or no longer discernible (all serial numbers are recorded and tracked for warranty purposes);

2.Any addition, alteration, installation, modification, removal, or repair of the product, product parts, or product software by any non-MSI authorized third parties;

3.Any breakdown or damage caused by the use of parts or software not authorized or recommended by MSI;

4.Any breakdown or damage to the product caused by the improper or abnormal use by the product user, including but not limited to circumstances such as operation error, failure to comply with user manual instructions, improper storage, , and improper usage environment that may result in product exposure to water, excessive moisture, corrosion, physical impact, compression, scratches, high temperature, improper voltage, etc.

5.Any breakdown or damage caused by natural disasters and human calamities such as earthquakes, fires, thunder, faulty power grid, and other environmental factors;

6.Product associated internal or consumable items such as boxes, battery, earphones, and user manuals are not covered by warranty

I am not sure if 2 or 3 means that if i remove the cooler to install a waterblock means i voided my warranty

Solution
Well quite frankly I have returned gpus broken under warranty and not once has any company asked me for more information. Under warranty, card replaced.