No way to log into Tom's Hardware with Original User Name

georgeinontario

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
What is going on? I am trying to log on, and my password is not accepted! I have tried changing it, and I am still having trouble. My user name is omegaman2! I had to log unto Tom's Hardware as georgeinontario via a Google account. However, for a year now I have logged unto Tom's Hardware, and participated, and had technical questions answered by the user name of omegaman2! I keep on typing in my this original username, of omegaman2, and cannot get into Tom's Hardware Web Site! I had this inconvenience now for at least two days. I am not a new member of Tom's Hardware. Thank you for answering my previous query.

Furthermore, my password is the same. I have checked it for accuracy since I have written it down, and have used it numerous times. I am on a laptop computer operating on Windows 10, and I am using the Mozilla Firefox Internet browser most of the time.

Therefore, the password I am typing down is also correct. My personal information is still the same. I went back into my profile, and added the same things. However, as I said my user name is omegaman2. In fact, I keep on getting the message, "Unable to configure verification page" when I log in. I wonder if anybody, especially a moderator can solve this dilemma, because it is getting very inconvenient! I have not experienced this sort of difficulty with other web sites, such as for photography. I'd very much prefer to log into tom's hardware with my original user name, if only to change my password. Thanks for your consideration.

Problem solved. I "refreshed" the Firefox browser, and now I can get into Tom's Hardware with my original user name, and password.

georgeinontario

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017

Thank you for your response, k19_window_maker. I don't really understand that I need a "proxy". I have always been using the same user name here from early last year, and never had a problem logging into Tom's Hardware web site. I certainly did not have any difficulty logging into at least 2 photography web sites.