No WI-Fi unless ethernet is plugged in to something

themann

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Hey,
I updated my firmware for D-Link DIR 615 C1, and it reset itself, so i put the security stuff back to normal, but when i need internet i need to plug the ethernet cable from the router to the laptop and then it gives signal(i checked using my iPhone) but when i take it out the signal comes but no internet. And the whole point of the laptop is to be wireless. Also, please keep in mind i have Vonage, so i connect the modem to vonage, and the vonage thing to the router, but before it used to work. PLEASE help

unplug the router then do a hard reset to make sure the router has reset. under wifi settings make sure it set to brodcast the ssid of the router. you may have to rename the ssid back to what it was most firmware or hard reset will rename that back to default setting.

themann

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
i have set it on WPA2 and AES for best results, have no idea what the hex code is, if it is the wifi pass, i obviously know it, ALSO, i read only to turn off modem and router, and after a minute turn the modem on and let the lights stabilize, then plug the router in, my results: WORSE!, the globe/earth/world sign stays orange instead of the green flashing, you would know if you have seen the front of the DIR 615 - thanks in advance

themann

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Yes, i went on support.dlink.com for the firmware(its on the bottom left,need to scroll if u want to check it out) and it gave the name of routers i picked mine (DIR 615 V:C1) and updated, update was successful and it reset, i ran the setup wizard and to make it back to normal and add WPA2, thats where i got the problems, so then i tried to put the CD from the box to undo the update, but found out that you can't. please help. the status is visible and wifi-on: Always