No wireless network adapter?!?

Groplin

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
So after some mysterious error that would no longer allow me to boot up my OS (Win7-64), I was forced to go with the last resort: rebooting my OS. After doing that I can no longer connect to ANY wireless networks. I'm currently huddled in my living on a two-foot ethernet cord, but my dad wants me out ASAP. When I go into my device manager there is literally no wireless network adapter, but only my ethernet controller. If it helps, I have the "ASUS AC1900 Dual-Band PCIe Wireless Adapter driver" wireless card. Please, does anyone know how to fix this?

Solution
if you reinstalled windows start with the laptop vendor web page..download the intel chipset drivers..then mei...then your wifi drivers then reboot. most usb and onboard devices wont work right till the mb chipset drivers are installed.
if you reinstalled windows start with the laptop vendor web page..download the intel chipset drivers..then mei...then your wifi drivers then reboot. most usb and onboard devices wont work right till the mb chipset drivers are installed.

Solution