no WWW

Wayne wrote:
> I would like blank site names to one IP address.
> For example:
> http://www.mydomain.com to 10.0.0.254
> http://mydomain.com to 10.0.0.254
>
> I would also like all names not in the DNS table to go to that same
> IP address For example:
> http://unknowenname.mydomain.com to 10.0.0.254
>
> thanks

If mydomain.com is an Active Directory domain, the domain name (without the
www) must resolve to the IP address of all Domain Controllers, no
exceptions.
For the wildcard name, using the DNS management console open the
mydomain.com zone, right click in the zone, select New domain and name the
domain with an asterisk ( * ), then open that new domain subfolder, right
click select new host, leave the name field blank and give it your IP
address.

--?
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]