News Noctua Launches Dual Tower Cooler for Restricted Height Builds

The fan frame changes don't impact the cooling by any measurable degree, it seems. Noctua says that the new round frame model "provides the same renowned quiet cooling performance, as its square frame sibling.

Then what's the point? Don't get me wrong, I'm an overt Noctua loyalist, but I don't see the point of creating new products just to create new products. If the round version of this fan has exactly the same performance characteristics as the square version, and is the same color scheme, and doesn't have any other purpose to it other than being an additional model to offer, then it makes zero sense. This is not something Noctua is known for doing. They invest a great deal of time into engineering and developing new products and it baffles me that they'd do that for a product that doesn't offer something, anything, new.

Additionally, seems like time that would have been better spent on actually developing something that was new, or improved. Have we come to the point where we feel that's not possible anymore so now we have to be like EVGA (Power supplies) and create 50 different models of something simply to have a larger product stack?

Then what's the point? Don't get me wrong, I'm an overt Noctua loyalist, but I don't see the point of creating new products just to create new products. If the round version of this fan has exactly the same performance characteristics as the square version, and is the same color scheme, and doesn't have any other purpose to it other than being an additional model to offer, then it makes zero sense. This is not something Noctua is known for doing. They invest a great deal of time into engineering and developing new products and it baffles me that they'd do that for a product that doesn't offer something, anything, new.

Additionally, seems like time that would have been better spent on actually developing something that was new, or improved. Have we come to the point where we feel that's not possible anymore so now we have to be like EVGA (Power supplies) and create 50 different models of something simply to have a larger product stack?

Perhaps is just an aesthetic design?, The round corners sorta follow the lines of the most external heatpipes at the base of the cooler. A square frame may or not make the cooler perform the better but it will protude out.

I know this is not Noctuas usual thinking but, Who knows right?

After all they finally made the black fans an heatsinks not so long ago.