Question Noctua NH-D14 replace fans with dif color

Sep 15, 2023
Hello Im thinking to replace the original fans (Brown, Sand color) off my old Noctua NH-D14 and I'd like to get some Black fans or simply just different color, as Im having a side panel and that original ones I got in that 10yr old cooler doesnt look somewhat right in my new build.

Could anyone tell me which fans to look for so they're just like the original ones?
Thanks a lot :)

Sep 15, 2023
And how about the 'REDUX' series? I have found these in my local seller (alza.cz)
Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM
Noctua NF-P14s redux-1200 PWM (also what's the little 'S' behind the better?)

Additionally, isnt there a chance to mess up the connectors, or they are both the same wether I use the fan for CPU or even for CASE cooling...??? Thanks

Sorry to bother you about this, im kinda noob so thought I might get some more insight from someone more informed in this field. Thanks again :)

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
According to the web page for that cooler, the exact fans it comes with are NOT listed as available by themselves now. However, most of their specs are provided. The photos show that the outside fan is the 120 mm size with a square frame and max air flow 92 m³/hr. The middle fan is the 140mm size with a round frame and only small mounting hole "ears" and a max air flow of 110 m³/hr. Max total current for both fans is 0.19 A. Max backpressure ratings are not provided, but typically for finned heat exchangers you need a value over 2.0 mm water. Both need to have their mounting holes spaced just like a standard 120 mm fan - that is, 105 x 105 mm.

In the currently-posted models from Noctua we can find all-black units in the Chromax line. All these fans come with several colours of exchangeable mounting hole covers, including black. For the larger middle fan I suggest the model NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap here

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a15-hs-pwm-chromax-black-swap/specification

It has max air flow of 140 m³/hr and max backpressure of 2.1 mm water, with the correct hole spacing. Max current draw is 0.13 A.

For the smaller outer fan I suggest the model NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap here

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-f12-pwm-chromax-black-swap

It has max air flow of 93 m³/hr and max backpressure of 2.6 mm water, with the correct hole spacing. Max current draw is 0.05 A.

I believe those two would fit exactly into your cooler system giving you an all -black appearance for fans, comparable current use, and comparable or MAYBE slightly higher max airflow capacity at decent backpressure ratings.