Noctua to Provide a Free Mount for Haswell CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]What?These guys think they are THAT special or something????[/citation]
Well. It's important to me...
I have a Noctua NH-D14, LH-L12, LH-L9i.
And this free mounting, will let me re-use this existing lovely cooler, without shelling out violets.
So you better think about it..

I did not requested these items by the way, they just sent me an email notice, that I will receive 3 sets free.
See how important I am to them?

Its a new smaller socket. So smaller mounting holes. That means that system boards can be built smaller. So they are kinda forced to do it.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]rmpumper[/nom]Why does Intel change the cooler mount design every time they release a new socket?[/citation]

Because it's easier to have the socket as an afterthought when building an extremely complex machine, than to think, "Hey, is this compatible with AM3+? No? Back to the drawing board."

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Because it's easier to have the socket as an afterthought when building an extremely complex machine, than to think, "Hey, is this compatible with AM3+? No? Back to the drawing board."[/citation]
Intel doesnt have AM3+ socket...

[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]What?These guys think they are THAT special or something????[/citation]

yes they are, they've single-handedly built THE BEST air coolers in the world.

all I want from them is MORE FAN COLORS!!! but they've made poop brown a color of luxury PCs lol

That is a bold statement... :D

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
[citation][nom]ShadyHamster[/nom]that wasn't the point to his comment...[/citation]
Yes, your right.

But AMD is going to stay with AM3+ for couple of years. And Intel makes their sockets how it wants them to be. Its part of their Tick-Tock system.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]LGA 1155 didn't change the mounting hole layout. It reused the LGA 1156 mounting layout.[/citation]
And i have a feeling 1150 will use the 1155 layout. What Noctua's offering basically works with all four generations of Core processors.

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
[citation][nom]bajwajan[/nom]I've created $64,000 thus far this year operating on-line and i am a full time student. Im victimisation a web business chance I detected concerning and i have created such nice cash. It's very user friendly and i am with great care happy that I noted concerning it. Heres what I do, www.hdcash1.com[/citation]
Second news article that I see you scamming. Oh yeah and in first post you were single mum that makes ''just'' 6000$. Just, just stop.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]tadej petric[/nom]Second news article that I see you scamming. Oh yeah and in first post you were single mum that makes ''just'' 6000$. Just, just stop.[/citation]

Sorry for the -1, just saw the $6000 and thought you were spamming. Better just to report it and vote it down. Otherwise mods have to remove your post as well as you quote the spam.

lp231

Splendid
I'll get down rated for this. What Noctua doing is great, but I can't help but notice it's some "we're nice to you, so you will keep on buying our product scheme". Why?
1. If you got a Noctua cooler and it only has mount for socket 775 or 1366, then asking for this SecuFirm2 kit so you can keep on using their coolers makes sense when you get a Haswell CPU.
2. If you already have owned a Noctua cooler that can be mounted to socket 1155 and you asked still asked for it, then you're pretty dumb. If you go get it, you'll say (with glittering anime eyes) wow, Noctua took care of me, I'm going to buy more your products in the future. Noctua you're the best! While in reality you just got the same mounting kit your currently using right now on your socket 1155 CPU. Haswell is 5 pins less than socket 1155 and for that, it won't force Intel to place mounting holes a few mm off for the current 1155 and 1156.
3. Those who own a Noctua socket 2011 cooler doesn't get that kit for free, but will have to buy it?
What is the point of a free kit when a socket 2011 users would like to use their cooler on a socket 1150 (this cooler is the same as the Noctua NH-D14, just with a socket 2011 mounting kit). Suppose you're building a 2nd New PC and you want to use this the current Noctua cooler on that, while you get a water cooling for your socket 2011. And now you can't because you will have to buy the kit. If you're buying that kit, then you might as well ditch water cooling, and just buy another CPU cooler instead where the kit comes included.
/end rant

Here is a clear explanation from Noctua on whether you need this free kit or not.
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=news_list&news_id=84&lng=fr
Socket 775,1366=Yes
Socket 1156,1155=No (Noctua NH-D14)
Socket 2011=Yes, but it's not free, need to purchase it. (NH-D14 SE2011)

[citation][nom]shadowfamicom[/nom]Always thought that the fans that come with their coolers look liked they were made out of leftover plastic from a Commodore 64.[/citation]
i agree, the fans and design (beige and ugly red) are total poop. I wouldnt have one uglying up my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.