Question Noice from all aux outputs

Oct 23, 2023
Hello!

Suddenly my PC started making a weird "error noice" from audio outputs, like the "tsk tsk" that occurs when you plug in headphones into an aux output. The noice is repetitive, but can also stop for hours before returning. It occurs from all aux outputs, regardless of using different headphones or speakers. I updated all drivers, checked that all parts and cables are firmly attached and blew some dust away, but none of those helped. Otherswise computer runs smoothly. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? I suspect either a damaged cable or component, but probably will take it to a repair shop soon unless I can figure it out soon. Thanks in advance for all help. Specs below:

PRIME B450-PLUS
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Kingston 16GB (2x8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz
SSR-550GD2 Seasonic
550W PRIME Ultra 550 Gold, ATX power supply
1TB 860 EVO SSD-harddrive, 2.5", V-NAND MLC, SATA III, 550/520 MB/S
GeForce RTX 2060 1-Click OC -graphics card, 6GB GDDR6
SPC229 SilentiumPC Signum SG1, ATX

Hello!

Suddenly my PC started making a weird "error noice" from audio outputs, like the "tsk tsk" that occurs when you plug in headphones into an aux output. The noice is repetitive, but can also stop for hours before returning. It occurs from all aux outputs, regardless of using different headphones or speakers. I updated all drivers, checked that all parts and cables are firmly attached and blew some dust away, but none of those helped. Otherswise computer runs smoothly. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? I suspect either a damaged cable or component, but probably will take it to a repair shop soon unless I can figure it out soon. Thanks in advance for all help. Specs below:

PRIME B450-PLUS
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Kingston 16GB (2x8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz
SSR-550GD2 Seasonic
550W PRIME Ultra 550 Gold, ATX power supply
1TB 860 EVO SSD-harddrive, 2.5", V-NAND MLC, SATA III, 550/520 MB/S
GeForce RTX 2060 1-Click OC -graphics card, 6GB GDDR6
SPC229 SilentiumPC Signum SG1, ATX
Do you have anything with wireless capabilities sitting close to the tower? Like a home wireless telephone? Microwave, etc.?

Reactions: Drinkler
Oct 23, 2023
Do you have anything with wireless capabilities sitting close to the tower? Like a home wireless telephone? Microwave, etc.?
I have a wireless router and a water boiler, but I had both of those also before the noise started. I´ll try switching those around to see if there is an effect. Thanks for the suggestion!