Noise Carries on After Exiting VLC

Tymo87

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015
Hi folks,

When I am playing a file in VLC, whatever noise is playing when I exit will carry on after exiting, unless I first pause the audio. I don't think it's just an issue with VLC though, as there may sometimes be a buzzing noise which persists from something as simple as opening a directory.

Perhaps there is something wrong with my audio drivers? I didn't really know where to post this because I'm unsure where the problem is coming from. I have a video file of the noise I'm talking about but I can only find a button to link a YouTube video.

If necessary, I'll try to upload it to YouTube in order to provide you with the example. The noise is always different though, because it's the noise at the exact moment of the program closing or directory opening (the click noise when opening a folder will turn into a persistent buzzing noise).

Thanks all!

Tymo87

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015
Updated my drivers and the problem actually became more consistent lol... wasn't expecting that. The buzzing now happens every single time I open a directory folder as well, whereas it used to only happen occasionally.