I had a problem with my graphics card

This is my system specs:
GPU: XFX Speedster SWFT319 Radeon RX 6900xt
CPU: Intel Coffee Lake Core i7-8700K
MB: ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING
RAM: 2xKingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 2400MHz CL15 Single Channel
CPU Cooler: Green NOTOUS 400-PWM Air Cooling
PSU: Cooler Master MWE GOLD 650

My graphics card sometimes creates a buzz sound when working with Unreal Engine or games. At first, I thought that the sound was from the fans, but it is not.
Then I thought maybe the problem is due to insufficient PSU, so I tested my card with the following system and it still sounded:

MB: Asus Prime Z490-P
CPU: Intel Core i5-10600
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A
GPU: GeForce RTX™ 3080 Gaming Pro 12GB
RAM: 32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 CL16
PSU: Corsair RM1000e Gold Fully Modular

Since I don't have much information about the power consumption of this card. I will give you a series of information about different games:
The power consumption in Fort-nite was 100-120 watts (a strange behavior that my card had was a sharp drop in clock speed in this game, which was like this only for the first 10 minutes of the game).
The power consumption in The Finals game was 150 to 180 watts
The power consumption in The Witcher 3 game was 250 watts
The temperature in the worst case was 65 degrees and the maximum usage of the card was 98%.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? Did you relocate to another wall outlet? Was this sound present from when you first purchased it? Was it brand new? Might want to include a video/audio clip of the noise you speak of. You should also try and roll a sheet of A4 paper into a cylinder, hold one end to your ear while the other end is used to probe for the source of your noise.

Try using Radeon Chill to limit your FPS to your monitor's max refresh rate. As @drivinfast247 said, it's probably just low-frequency coil whine. Coil whine most typically occurs when your frame rate skyrockets (like in 2D cut-scenes).

Limiting your frame rate so that it doesn't exceed your monitor's refresh rate also has some other positives like keeping your card cool by not needlessly overworking it, reducing your card's power draw and preventing screen-tearing. There's no real downside because, since your monitor can't display faster than its own refresh rate, you'll still get the best experience that your setup can offer.

Reactions: hesamit97
Dec 11, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
thank you very match
How old is the PSU in your build?
4 years
Did you relocate to another wall outlet?
Yes
Was this sound present from when you first purchased it? Was it brand new?
I bought the stock graphics card
Might want to include a video/audio clip of the noise you speak of.
You can use the Google Drive link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rEcrbSChyrdhhW-WG2Q2YZ8fH93KUfTl/view?usp=sharing
You should also try and roll a sheet of A4 paper into a cylinder, hold one end to your ear while the other end is used to probe for the source of your noise.
I did this, I think it is close to the pins of the connection to the motherboard

Dec 11, 2023
Try using Radeon Chill to limit your FPS to your monitor's max refresh rate. As @drivinfast247 said, it's probably just low-frequency coil whine. Coil whine most typically occurs when your frame rate skyrockets (like in 2D cut-scenes).

Limiting your frame rate so that it doesn't exceed your monitor's refresh rate also has some other positives like keeping your card cool by not needlessly overworking it, reducing your card's power draw and preventing screen-tearing. There's no real downside because, since your monitor can't display faster than its own refresh rate, you'll still get the best experience that your setup can offer.
thanks for your response
But this sound is created even when working with Premiere or Cinema4D.
A different sound is heard for each movement and click