[SOLVED] Noisy Cooler Master Liquid LITE 120

ryhopewood

Commendable
Oct 8, 2020
Dear all

I have had a custom built PC delivered with the Cooler Master Liquid LITE pump installed. It suffers from air bubble noise in the pump under idling conditions which goes away when the CPU is under load (for example, a short stress test or playing a game). Anyone know why the air bubble noise would behave this way?

I have been told that this is normal and the part is not defective. I would just like to understand why the air bubbles behave this way since I thought if air expanded then the problems would be greater under load.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks,

Ian

Solution
The radiator should be rotate so that the hoses are on the upper position, over the actual pump which is the one covering your CPU. (keeping in mind to do this with the PC shutdown and unplugged from the wall socket). Also the noise may not go away instantly, give it some time.

Be very gently with the radiator, hose, and pump, make sure nothing it bended very hard.

This is what am telling you, look at the pic on the left:

20.jpg

And heres why you should do it this way you can watch the whole video if you like to:

View: https://youtu.be/BbGomv195sk?t=812

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How is the AIO orientated in your build? Mind shooting us a picture of your system's innards? The air bubble should be in the reservoir and not in the pump chamber, it's possible that the pump's not exhibiting noise since the flow is higher to send the air bubble to the res. Another possibility can be that the pump's impeller is the culprit. I'd ask you to keep an eye on the pump and temps for your CPU...while also informing your PC builder about the noise.

Reactions: RodroX

ryhopewood

Commendable
Oct 8, 2020
Thanks for the quick reply, Lutfij.

IMG-2183.jpg

The other observation is that the noise goes away if I lay the tower case on its side with the motherboard facing down (actually after around 45 degrees).

The PC builder says the noise is normal and the part is not defective. They have offered to upgrade my cooling at part cost to a more expensive pump and I'm weighing up the options.

Last edited:
The radiator should be rotate so that the hoses are on the upper position, over the actual pump which is the one covering your CPU. (keeping in mind to do this with the PC shutdown and unplugged from the wall socket). Also the noise may not go away instantly, give it some time.

Be very gently with the radiator, hose, and pump, make sure nothing it bended very hard.

This is what am telling you, look at the pic on the left:

20.jpg

And heres why you should do it this way you can watch the whole video if you like to:

View: https://youtu.be/BbGomv195sk?t=812

Solution