Nokia Bringing 41MP Sensor to Lumia Smartphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

downhill911

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I have dedicated my life to not use Windows 8 (incl. WP8) and Symbian which sadly is every Nokia phone.
What a shame.
Why does Company on the edge of collapsing chooses The Hard and Difficult way?

G

EOS? Like Canon EOS? I'm sure its just a codename, but why make a codename that is the same name as a camera brand when the best feature of your phone is the camera.

But kudos to them if the codename is meant to say that its owned by Captain EO. EO's.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
EOS! As Ihughey said......Very odd title! I think Canon might have something to say - not that this sensor is going to remotely compete with their DSLR's.

aibenq

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
...On the Nokia 808, images were around 5MP, thus the extra pixels were used for oversampling to reduce the amount of noise caused by the increased sensitivity of the CCD sensor.

umm... They use CMOS, not CCD... but their idea is kind brilliant, marrying PureView with Lumia. hope these will bring Windows Phone to better sale... ^w^

wardoc22

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]The sensor's footage is incredible:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-IJIrl1G9ghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX-Jw9mF0J4and here is combo of its amazing sound recording and light sensetivity/response time and low noise:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x717XQHfq_Uhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9aFpDkjkMII hope they bring the full package of sound recording and the sensor to the next Lumia (EOS) model[/citation]

Holy sh...

G

I bought the N8 within the first few minutes of its online release. The 808 would have been my next step IF Nokia actually put Windows 8 on the thing. Symbian could have been great if they didn't have to partner with Windows so early on for easy cash. They basically said they were going to Windows 8 right when the N8 came out, right when people took notice that Nokia actually made a phone anyone might want to buy in that smart phone market segment. Unfortunately publicly stating your abandoning Symbian made any potential developer that could have really progressed Symbian to simply not bother. It's a shame. I like Symbian and what Nokia does with their software, but the lack of 3rd party software kills it. The massive software collections for Android, Apple, and soon Windows 8 will ensure Symbian will be truly dead on the smart phone level.

Then Nokia put Symbian on their 808... A LOT of people who want to buy the 41mp phone won't purely on the OS choice alone. I can not stay with an abandoned platform for an upgrade. I can be content with Windows. It likely won't be long until Windows will run all the Android market apps too, so there isn't a major downside.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
[citation][nom]aibenq[/nom]umm... They use CMOS, not CCD... but their idea is kind brilliant, marrying PureView with Lumia. hope these will bring Windows Phone to better sale... ^w^[/citation]

Nice phone and all and I want one but unfortunately the Lumia 800 to 920 does not support 1700 MHz (AWS) frequency band. If the new phone does not support it then I'm done waiting for Nokia to get 1700 MHz (AWS) on their higher end phones. I'll be another ten years before I'll check on their products after that. 3 members of my family are waiting for higher end Nokia phones with that frequency band but 2 couldn't wait and went with Note 2 and S3, One got HTC. I might just check on BB10. That's 3 devices lost of sales for them... I know 5 other relatives were on the same carrier that uses that frequency band and they're getting Nexus and galaxy phones instead. How much more would they loose before they think about that? They should check why Google nexus could barely keep any in their inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS