Nokia Lumia 620 Set to Launch Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

techy74

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
More choice the better for consumers. Great way for Nokia to increase it's market share. This is what Nokia needs, you go into a phone store and it's wall to wall with Droids and Iphone accessories (to protect the fragile Iphone).

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]nol6536334[/nom]$395!?!?!?!?! expensive[/citation]who ever thumb down this guy have no idea how much it has been selling @ other part of the world.

unlocked Lumia 620 as been selling @ $229-$249 in Asia. *and it has been here release in Asia 2 weeks ago.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]who ever thumb down this guy have no idea how much it has been selling @ other part of the world.unlocked Lumia 620 as been selling @ $229-$249 in Asia. *and it has been here release in Asia 2 weeks ago.[/citation]

OOoh, nice. I am willing to pay $250 for it. I don't need a computer with a gigantic screen attached to it that also makes some phone calls. I want a handy phone that's easy to carry and doubles as a computer. Call me silly, but my phone has to be a phone first and foremost.

G

thats a small battery. i think the best low end phones on the market right now are the LG L9 for Tmo [the only bad thing on the whole device is the camera] and the HTC Evo V on Virgin

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]vanwazltoff[/nom]thats a small battery. i think the best low end phones on the market right now are the LG L9 for Tmo [the only bad thing on the whole device is the camera] and the HTC Evo V on Virgin[/citation]This isn't aimed at the US market. This is primarily for developing countries. Zack could have made this a bit more clear. Most people here get subsidised phones, so for example you can get a Lumia 822 for $50 (less if you get it through Amazon).

Anyway, with the very low-power processor and smaller screen, the 1300mAh battery is probably sufficient. I'd be interested to see how WP8 performs on the lesser hardware, just out of curiousity.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Also has ClearBlack Display -treatment, HAAC mic, noise cancellation and changeable shells. Nokia announced this phone at $250, with no taxes or subsidies, so that's likely the price for an unlocked US version if one ever comes out. I'd also expect this phone to be sold at 260€ or less here in Europe after a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.