Nokia Lumia 930 vs. Lumia 920 vs. Lumia Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarm17

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
The Lumia 920 also comes with Microsoft’s answer to Siri and Google Now, dubbed Cortana, and runs on Windows 8.1.I think she means 930

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
This explains why the 925 has been going for $200 without contract for the past 2 weeks or so... Just wish it was unlocked so I could use it with MetroPCS...

http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/lumia930/The 930 looks smokin' hot.
With the exception of additional colors, it's the same as the Icon which I've had since it was released. Really nice piece of hardware and I am glad that MS is updating the Lumias to 8.1. I think I'd like to keep this one for a while.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Nokia makes some very nice phones. Too bad they are held back by such a limited operating system.
Windows Phone is actually getting good enough for me to consider ditching the iPhone. The app's are slowly getting there. The OS is amazing, it's just lower app selection is the only downside. The interface is the best out of all mobile OS's

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

I really can't stomach the interface. My Fiance has one and it seemed unique at first, but it is rather clumsy and is starting to look very dated. Then again, I think iOS 7 is hideous as well.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Side note: for those who would like to try the WP8 experience... Get WP8 launcher, its free and its pretty slick. Does some cool things that WP8 can't. Like custom colors on individual icon~er tiles and tile rotation... look it up.I just got my Motorola X and I am really loving it.... it feels great, its a good size. I have my custom colors (Turquoise back, orange buttons & camera ring with black front) and had them print "iPhone 6" on the back. They don't allow curse words. I had spent quite a bit of time looking at ALL the phones in a full-functional at&t store; Samsung S4, etc, LG2. The Blackberry Z10 is beautiful... but its a dying platform. Can't stand the slick plastic on the Samsung and LG. I asked how they were doing with Nokia - sales guy laughed... they don't try to sell them, they rarely do. Its only for someone who REALLY REALLY wants the WP phone.I used to run WP Launcher on my previous Android phones until Android 4.x. Its worth a try... I do recommend it for novices.

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Nice looking phone and the right size. Could be a potential replacement for my Red 920, but I'd really like to have an SD Card slot as well. Otherwise that would be CLOSE to my ideal phone at this time.

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009

ah... Tom's Hardware site.

often crappy click bait articles and the comments section filled with the pathetic Linux crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS