Nokia X2 Takes a Bullet to Save Owner's Life

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

No one took into account the bullet could have been a ricochet of a poll or etc.
and by the way the back and front concaved/convexed, that bullet did not stop, it was probably barely slowed down - with the case and battery case bent that far, that bullet went right through , it also looks like the bullet was rifling at full speed by the way it moved the case, which means it was not a ricochet, no phone will stop a fully riffling bullet, and this one didn't . It went straight through, at full speed. No debate. Whether it missed the man or not is a different story

ZEPd3Z

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
Looks like the bullet came from behind the guy and hit the screen first based on the petal look of the hole on the back, battery and the inside hole. unless hes using the front camera.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
If the gun used 5.56 ammo then after the bullet impacts anything hard, the bullet quickly expands which gets rid of all of it's aerodynamic properties, thus if it makes it through, it most likely wont be going straight.

From the image, it seems that he had the device away from his head and a bullet came from behind him, then hit the phone, so even if it was a AP round from a 50 cal, it would have not hurt him. (either that, or he was live bloging with the camera aimed at him)

comedie

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
So people are shooting and I want to gets pics with my phone? at least I would stand out there with it in front of my face to do so. Hold it out in a hand while the rest of me is shielded, is much more likely. If the guy did as the story says, sounds like he's gunning for a Darwin Award

Status
Not open for further replies.