Question Non Gaming Build request

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Hi, I am thinking of building a non-gaming computer that will be used for work applications like office, some web browsing and stuff like this. I dont care if its intel or amd. I do NOT need a monitor or OS as i have both of these already. My budget is ~ $500 to $700...........i can go a little more say $800 if its worth it.

if your going to use a computer for office and web browsing I suggest you save yourself a lot of money and just get a dell 70xx I7-3xxx with 8GB ram, they go for 50$ to 75$ and do all the jobs you described. you could get a newer model Like a Dell 9020 for about 100-120$ with I7-47xx and 16GB ram is all you really need and slap a 1TB SSD SATA drive in it and you will be happy with the results.

now if you are using tools like Adobe Photo Suite, then you need something newer like an 8th or newer generation System base CPU system,

of course, all these choices will depend on where in the world you are located.

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Yes adobe might be used but not often , actually not sure, build is for a family friend and i think they do some of that. i prefer building my own as i have had the best luck with those i build vs buying from other company. i am hoping to have 32GByte of Ram, the memory that goes diretly on on the MOB so that it can boot up fast and then have like a 512GByte EEPROM type drive.