Non power saving mouse

raffles1911

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
Can someone please recommended a wireless mouse that does not have a power saving "feature"
My current 2 mice go into sleep mode after around 5 mins and its driving me insane.

Many thanks

Bit more information could have been nice. Go to sleep how? What mice do you have now? What price range are you looking at?
If I have to recommend two that I have used myself (without issues):
Logitech performance MX https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Performance-Mouse-Large/dp/B002HWRJBM
Microsoft sculpt touch (bluetooth mouse) https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Sculpt-Bluetooth-Windows-Tablets/dp/B008OEHPPM

Do you have wireless adapter that you have connected to your computer? if so, that might go to sleep according to power saving settings.
If you have laptop, that is even more likely.
If you are connecting directly to laptop with bluetooth, said bluetooth adapter (inside laptop) might be going to power saving mode.

If using laptop:
Check if it happens when plugged in or just when running on battery and if you are running on power saving settings or not.

Edit: It is also possible that the mouse is simply low on battery, when did you recharge it last or changed batteries?
and if it is rechargeable only, it is possible that the battery inside the mouse is broken and can't hold charge.

raffles1911

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
I'm using the 2 mice on 2 full size pc's both have this power saving "feature" and both mice are less than 2 years old and are unbranded mice.
None of my many wireless mice from many years gone by didnt have this feature but hence they are no more :(

As for batterys and windows 10 power mode, both check and check, not the cause it's built into the firmware of the mice.

Richard67

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
Hello,

I too am sick of the unchangeable power savings mode the mice seem to have these days. Do you know of any cheap or cheerful mice that have this power saving mode that can also be turned off?

Regards,

Richard67

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
Hello,

I've been through that. I checked the power savings management sections for the ability to uncheck the power saving mode in all the hid and mouse device sections. I can't find any ticked boxes.

I have a Tecknet cordless mouse (M005). I even chatted with Microsoft - there is no way to turn off the power saving device, or at least they (or I) can find.

Any other suggestions? If not please tell me which mouse has this ability.

Regards,