None of my Audio drivers are working! After an OS update!

cemster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Hello,
so my latest windows trauma happened right after the last windows 8.1 64 bit based update.
After the installation and reboot none of the drivers in 'sound, video and game controllers' were working! They were all there but they all had a yellow '?' sitting on them...
313rvrn.jpg

There were few more drivers than what picture shows here... Two of my monitors had audio so they had drivers, plus I had a couple of virtual Midi cable programs which carry audio drivers.) And last but not least; RME Sound card driver.

For my first attempt to trouble shooting sound problem suggested that I might be able to fix my problem by reinstalling the Realtek driver I presumed that this HD Audio Driver must be part of Realtec that came with my ASUS P9X79 WS) Which is not the case.

So I have all those uninstalled. And strangely enough there are two HD Audio Device shows up!
jt4d1w.jpg

When I have Realtek (from ASUS) reinstalled it gives error and seems like it's not install, yet it appears in 'Programs and Features'. Sits there waiting to be uninstalled again!

And then there is this!
nedqbk.jpg

So now I have no audio driver listed in my Sound Tab
I tried few stuff from googling like the error codes and no audio problems related stuff, but no dice!
Name: audio drivers.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 12.3 KB

Here is what I've done so far more clearly..

I have done all the preliminary work as a lay man can do. That involved pretty much reinstalling everything except bios & OS, which is updated to their neck... I suppose....
And RME was off at all times.

The failed Realtek reinstall was part of that adventure... Realtek HD Audio Driver despite the failed message, appear to be installed in Programs and registry but in 'Device Manager' it's a different story. First it shows there with yellow '!'. But later it disappeared. Maybe I clicked on scan for hardware changes or just I closed and reopen the Device Manager, I am not sure.

I believe the problem is in Internal High definition Audio Bus which is a Microsoft driver... Hence the Code 19 error...

That's why I can't install Realtek properly, and that's why all the other drivers stopped working! But I don't know how to get around those Windows Internal High definition Audio Bus drivers..... I did the 'Uninstall' and then 'scan for hardware changes' bit in Device Manager...

But it doesn't go away! In Device Manager/ Details tab The Problem code is '00000013' But none of the remedies I found on web helped...

Realtek not installing and with error code 19 for High Definition Audio Driver I am stuck!

Should I kill myself now or a little later?

Thank you
C

cemster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
I did reinstall reboot install Realtek (from the Realtek site) The different outcome was that the Realtek installed without an error like it did with ASUS version... But there is still no audio. Another difference is that
All the other Microsoft items disappeared from the Device Manager Sound and game controllers... Unlike the first picture above, this one has two drivers. Realtek High Definition Audio and High definition Audio Device... Which is suppose to disappear after a third party Audio driver installed. In this case Realtek.
e62amr.jpg

Another difference was the version of the drivers.
From ASUS the version reads: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Setup (3.76) 6.0.1.7058 x64 Edition
From Realtek site it reads: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Setup (4.27) R2.79

Although I manage the install Realtek without am error,

I'm still getting the same code 19 error pointing Internal HD Audio Device...

cemster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Wow! The community is thriving on this one.... :bounce:

Hey there,
so I got the fried UPS replacement and did all all-around Bios update and all the mobo stuff, nothing changes.

I do have a clone sys disk, so I booted up to see if I could get those HDD drivers and other audio drivers that might be missing...
I couldn't make any difference...

It bums me out that my clone disk is not in an admirable status to clone back, so I wish I could find a way to replace my Device Driver data with the clone's data...

So now I am wondering what if I update the clone disk for windows and what not and than find a way to replace registry, would that work? I wonder......... I said that!