Question None of the inputs on my PC work

Jul 27, 2019
I have a Windows 7 PC. It's been working great for about 4 years. I tried booting it up today and it seemed to boot up fine except that none of the inputs are working. My mouse and keyboard are plugged in each via USB and neither turned on. I have two monitors that plug in via HDMI and DVI and neither of them recognized that they were connected. It just shows a blank screen that says "input not detected". Tried rebooting, didn't work. I connected the mouse, keyboard, and monitor to my laptop and they worked perfectly, so it isn't the cables or the devices. I tried connecting a different set of mouse/keyboard to the PC, which doesn't work. And I can't see if my computer is throwing an error message because the monitors won't connect. Not sure what to do.

Jul 27, 2019
Based on this being a Windows 7 PC my guess is the hard drive may have died, but without knowing the parts in your computer i can only guess.

I unplugged my graphics card and plugged the HDMI into the motherboard directly, and now everything works, so I guess there was something wrong with my graphics card. Do you happen to know why the graphics card shut down all the ports (including USB) instead of just making the HDMI faulty?