Noob in need of some advice on power supply issues

imnotsublime

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
So, I've built my first PC. Everything went super smoothly and I've really enjoyed learning all that I have. I have recently made it to my PSU stage. I've got a Corsair CX 500 (non-modular) and I'm pretty sure I've got all my cables in the right place; but when I plug it in and power it up, no fans turn on. The ONLY THING THAT TURNS ON IS MY BLUE LED UNDER THE POWER BUTTON. I can't emphasize this enough, because no one else seems to have the same problem as me. The EZ debug lights on my MSI motherboard don't light up, either. I've re-checked all my connections and I dunno what to do next. Help, please?!
Edit: •NZXT S340 mid-tower case
•MSI H110M Gaming LGA1151 micro ATX motherboard
•Seagate 1TB HDD
•Intel Core i3 3.7 ghz dual-core
•G-Skill Aegis 8gb RAM (DDR4)
•MSI GeForce GTX 750Ti
•Corsair CX500 500 wat 80 plus bronze

Solution
It's possible. It's the POWER SW that might be in the wrong place. It stands for power switch. It has to be on the correct two pins or else it won't power on.

imnotsublime

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017

Alright, I'll double check that when I get the chance. Also, does the fan on the PSU point towards the ground or up into the case?

imnotsublime

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017

Yeah, actually, can you elaborate some? Like I said I'm really a noob and I don't know where that would be located exactly.

4745454b

Titan
Where the case wires plug into the motherboard. Power switch, power led, hdd led, speaker, etc. It's a row of 2pins by 8 or 10 pins normally. If you never plugged in wires from your case to the motherboard that's your problem. The switch on the PSU itself only turns the power supply on and off. It doesn't turn on/off the PC.

imnotsublime

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017

Alright, so I have an HDD LED,
-P LED, +P LED, and a POWER SW. I believe I have them in the right place on the motherboard. Their connected to a 9 pin "slot" I guess you could call it. But their definitely plugged into my motherboard. Possibly plugged in in the wrong place?