[SOLVED] Noob PC builder, Troubleshooting MSI MPG X570 Mobo. PC wont power on. Need Help.

KittyScars

Reputable
Aug 13, 2019
Did some shopping, been wanting to upgrade for a while.
So my old build consisted of a intel i7 4970k, msi Z97 pc mate mobo, with gtx 1070 gpu. My case is a Nzxt H510 mid tower with a EVGA superNOVA gold 850 watt PSU. A h80i v2 water cooler by corsair
My friends suggested I wait for the new ryzen 3rd gens to come out. I was a bit late to the party though, and I didn't think that the 3900x's would sell out so quick, I manage to however snag a 3800x since I got really impatient.
Alright so, here is my build now.
MOBO: MPG x570 Gaming pro carbon wifi
CPU: Ryzen 3800x
GPU: Gtx 1070
H80i watercooler by corsair
PSU: EVGA superNOVA gold 850 watt
RAM: G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) AMD X370 Memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX
and same case.

I mostly just pc build so I can game, but the thing wont turn on. I've made a few builds before hand so it was mostly just regurgitating where all the plugs go, but I've run into a pitfall. The thing wont turn on and I have no idea what is wrong. I think have all the plugs in the right place, I've looked at other builds. Took the pc apart and back together again to try and see if it will still function, yet no dice. There is no reaction at all, PSU can't be dead because I was just using it on the same day on my old build. Maybe one of the parts is malfunctioning? However I have no way of knowing what, Either cpu or ram or mobo, those are the only things I changed, but then again there is the possibility that I'm just a noob who is forgetting something and doing something wrong. Either way, I'm lost and don't know how to fix the problem.

MY only current concerns are that maybe it has soemthing to do with the cpu power thingy, I don't know the technical term for it, but it want's two power cords. So like the PSU power cords has these big square plug things that have 4 plugs, for the cpu part it is 2 4-plugs making a total of 8. However the power cord for the cpu on this MOBO has three for a total of 12 plugs. There is a sign between the two for cpu power1 and cpu power 2. I assumed, oh this mobo wants two power cords so I plugged in another cpu power cord and plugged both of them in. Not sure If i manage to lose any of you, or if I did it correct. But I just went with it.

Second concern, maybe the RAM isn't compatible. I'm just a wandering moron. I don't know.

Maybe the power button is broken on my case. I have yet to try jump starting it with a screw driver, or reinstalling my old mobo to test this out, but I guess I'll give it a try later.

Solution
if no sign of life, very likely some cables are not plugged in or not tight.
You can just plug into CPU power 1, 8 pin. Ignore the 4 pin, just optional for extra overclocking.
I will just plug in CPU first, 24 pin+ 8 pin from psu to motherboard and case cable to motherboard, see if it turns on. Check motherboard menu to make sure you connect those correctly.
if no sign of life, very likely some cables are not plugged in or not tight.
You can just plug into CPU power 1, 8 pin. Ignore the 4 pin, just optional for extra overclocking.
I will just plug in CPU first, 24 pin+ 8 pin from psu to motherboard and case cable to motherboard, see if it turns on. Check motherboard menu to make sure you connect those correctly.

Solution