Noob questions to build a new (gaming) build

KLOSENTAR

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
Hello good people of internet.I'm planning to build a new PC which will be mainly used for gaming, and "photoshoping".

These are the parts that I've selected so far:

MoBo : Asus Z170 GAMING PRO
Processor : Intel core i3 6100
RAM : 2x Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 8 GB 2133 MHz DDR4
GPU : ZOTAC Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB DDR5 AMP! (I will be buying one more withing two months)
Cabinet : Rosewill REDBONE ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Cases REDBONE Black, red(I really don't care how this thing would look btw)
I think I can handle the remaining parts like HDD,SDD, monitor etc. myself.

Before adding any suggestion, please keep in mind that my budget is pretty tight.So, I can't afford really expensive parts :/

Now my question is, will this build be able to play games like FarCry 4, Watch Dogs, and upcoming games like Watch Dogs 2 in ultra(ish) settings?If not, what changes would you suggest in order to do so?Is everything compatible?Do I need water cooling?(I'm not currently planning to overcloak)?Am I missing anything crucial?

Oh, and btw, this is my first time building a PC.So, go easy on me :D

Thanks

Solution
Generally the system is pretty balanced. An i3 and a 960 are a reasonable pair. Unfortunately the system is pretty far from ultra(ish) setting as you put it for those and similar titles.

First of all that motherboard is a complete waste of money for an i3 6100. The 6100 would barely keep up with modern titles. As for the 960, the card is could offer a good experience but with significantly lower settings in 1080p.

My suggestion would be to wait for the rx480 by amd that comes out next month. And on the cpu front go for an i5. Even last (hasswell) gen. The4 physical cores are way better that the two hyper threaded. If you want to achieve a high(er) graphical experience.

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Generally the system is pretty balanced. An i3 and a 960 are a reasonable pair. Unfortunately the system is pretty far from ultra(ish) setting as you put it for those and similar titles.

First of all that motherboard is a complete waste of money for an i3 6100. The 6100 would barely keep up with modern titles. As for the 960, the card is could offer a good experience but with significantly lower settings in 1080p.

My suggestion would be to wait for the rx480 by amd that comes out next month. And on the cpu front go for an i5. Even last (hasswell) gen. The4 physical cores are way better that the two hyper threaded. If you want to achieve a high(er) graphical experience.

Solution

KLOSENTAR

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015

So I should switch to i5 huh? I might be able to get an Intel Core i5 6500 :ange:
And okay, I will wait till the AMD RX 480 is released.I think I won't regret the wait if this benchmarking is true : http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/11263084

KLOSENTAR

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015

Okay bro.Will do.If I could wait this long, I can wait another 2 months I guess. :lol: The one CBender suggested caught my interest.I'm looking forward for it's release.