Nope, Epic Still Isn't Working on New Unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
no real hurry for another unreal game. I really like the original IPs Epic makes, and they make good games. Want to see more new IPS.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
BS. "When everyone says it's done, keep polishing?" Good gods, who in the world said Unreal Tournament 3 was done at the time it was then? Don't get me wrong, the game got some great updates and support later on, but out the door it was pretty terrible.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]BS. "When everyone says it's done, keep polishing?" Good gods, who in the world said Unreal Tournament 3 was done at the time it was then? Don't get me wrong, the game got some great updates and support later on, but out the door it was pretty terrible.[/citation]
well having 1 bad game in their monstrous arsenal doesnt make their statement incorrect. And it wasnt a bad game in my opinion. all of their other games Ive played were much more polished than most good devs.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Unreal Trounament was/is a fantastic FPS! The original is still the best IMO. In some ways they were ahead of their time. I miss my UTGOTY LAN parties.

DawnTreader

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]well having 1 bad game in their monstrous arsenal doesnt make their statement incorrect. And it wasnt a bad game in my opinion. all of their other games Ive played were much more polished than most good devs.[/citation]

ah, one bad 1? Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal 2, bulletstorm, that is 3. monsterous? ah, Unreal, Unreal expansion, Unreal Tournament, UT2003, UT2004, UT3, GoW, GoW2, Bulletstorm, GoW3... 10 games. and those arent all made by Epic, some of them are farmed out.

i think that Epic is sliding a slow slope from being Unreal to Irrelevant. the only thing keeping them in the game is the engine that so many other companies use to make games, and they have some really heavy competition there. Crytek, Source, Id Engine and a few others.

i like the some of thier games, but i think Epic's attitude sucks.

I loved UT and UT2K4, but UT3 just wasn't fun. They fell for the whole 'realism' thing (or as real as unreal could get). No more ridiculous rag-doll physics when you died and your body bounced around the map. The weapons felt clunky, and the game play just did not feel fast and fun like the previous versions.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
the only reason i ever played any of the Unreal games was because they are mindless shooters something i could go play when i am frustrated and just want to get into the game and kill something people find it more accepting when you kill on a video game and not in real life.......

thegr33k

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
'when everyone says it’s done, keep polishing!' They must have forgotten this bit when they released UT 3 beta as a finished product then spent 6 months messing about while it died because it was about as polished as the titanic is atm... Epic have sold out to the easy pickings that is console and now mobile. PC is too hard to get right because we dont take shit from them.

Mystre316

Aug 31, 2011
[citation][nom]Spyker2041[/nom]How about putting Gears of War 2 and 3 on PC!!!!!![/citation]

People don't put console games on PC anymore because 1. Too much effort. 2. not always as profitable as it seems. 3. the PC community will BITCH and MOAN about how bugged the game is despite the fact that the dev's were nice enough to put hard work into porting it (and then wonder why there was no support for it later on)

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]Unreal Trounament was/is a fantastic FPS! The original is still the best IMO. In some ways they were ahead of their time. I miss my UTGOTY LAN parties.[/citation]

I remember those days. :) Obviously not with you. ;)

I still remember the lead-up towards UT2003's release... Mark Rein was known for the phrase "Two weeks".

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Gears of War RTS... They need to stay on top of the engine though... it needs to keep progressing if they want to develop AAA titles in the shortest time possible. Oh and at least one game should not be allowed to be colored in various shades of brown.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
I loved U and UT but ever since the UT2003 I been dissapointed in Epic's work...eye candy keeps increasing and not much else. Gameplay and mods of original UT were...well..epic.
Thank god other companies picked up new Epic's engine eye candy and actually made some worthy games.

kryojenix

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]they still haven't made one better than the original[/citation]
I hope you are talking about Unreal One Single Player - because then I AGREE HEARTILY!

kryojenix

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]cats_paw[/nom]Epic.... they chose the name well, since they do Epic stuff![/citation]
The original name was Epic Megagames!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS