Question NordVPN bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwdavi1

Reputable
Nov 13, 2020
NordVPN update broke torrenting with BiglyBT. All transfers failed, got this error message:
ERROR: socket Selector.open() for 'TCP network manager reader' failed 10 times in a row, aborting.
This App / Java is likely being firewalled!

Reported to Nord, sent diagnostics. They recommended connection changes that didn't help. Finally trying to pin it down, disabled split tunnelling and solved the problem. Informed Nord so they hopefully will fix the bug. Whined about them not properly testing updates.

I'll post this on a BiglyBT forum also.

cwdavi1

Reputable
Nov 13, 2020
NordVPN kept wasting my time asking me multiple times to interrupt my work flow and generate diagnostics. They claimed they could not duplicate the bug even though it happened on all 3 PCs I tried. I just sent this to them:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please review previous emails on this issue.

I took a spare PC, reformatted the drive then did a clean Windows 10 install. Updated Windows. Downloaded and installed BiglyBT and NordVPN. Started BiglyBT with default configuration, started download of Ubuntu iso. Transfer worked.

Configured NordVPN for split tunneling with VPN only for BiglyBT and Edge. Connected to P2P server with VPN. Started BiglyBT. Transfers would not start. NordVPN bug behaving exactly as I initially reported. This is the 3rd Windows 10 PC I have tried and the bug happened on all 3.

If your support staff cannot duplicate this bug then they are totally incompetent. Instead I'm certain that they haven't even tried, just as implied in their first message.

I purchased a 2 year subscription for SurfShark and configured it for split tunneling. Testing showed that it is performing properly and BiglyBT transfers work. Today and tomorrow I will be replacing NordVPN with SurfShark on my other machines. If I should encounter any problems with SurfShark I'm sure that their support staff will actually provide some support.

Status
Not open for further replies.