Question nordvpn encryption strength

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
i've noticed that when i have nordvpn on that the first couple of times i'm online or doing a google search i'm asked to verify that i am not a robot why is that?

Websites can generate a "fingerprint" of your computer based things like your screen resolution, what the browser's capable of, the network information the packet came from, among others. It can then use this fingerprint to know which computer completed a CAPTCHA so it doesn't ask you again for some time.

Since going on a VPN changes some of these parameters, you simply show up as a different computer to the system.

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Websites can generate a "fingerprint" of your computer based things like your screen resolution, what the browser's capable of, the network information the packet came from, among others. It can then use this fingerprint to know which computer completed a CAPTCHA so it doesn't ask you again for some time.

Since going on a VPN changes some of these parameters, you simply show up as a different computer to the system.

but it doesn't know my location correct? nothing bad is happening right? i'm assuming it's making sure i'm not spamming their system?

TRENDING THREADS