Normal Mode Blank Screen after windows LOGO,Safe mode Working

HardwareTwitch

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hi,

All of a sudden a day before, my computer froze and when restarted it started exhibiting horrendous symptoms-

1. windows logo appear,then
2. blank screen and no cursor login etc nothing display just sits there

After that, I tried to do startup repair but failed.

Coming over to Safe Mode it is working fine.
I also tried bunch of repairs from there still nothing

used the clean boot from msconfig to see if any software causing issue or conflicts and did a system restore, still nothing.

checked device manager and there is no exclamation point either that may depict hardware failure.

My recent activity-installed "Advanced System care 9" 2 days back but have now removed using safe mode.

1 more point it has been a month since my primary HDD is showing SMART error.

but if safe mode is working can't we get normal mode backup and running.

Please help me out of this conundrum, Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

possible options I have in my mind-
1.get new HDD and reinstall os
2.format existing HDD and install fresh copy but doubt if this issue might return

readily looking out for other options and would prefer rectifying old one first so that I can avoid a long tedious process of reinstalling everything from scratch.

Sincere thanks to any responses.

Solution
From my experience those "SuperMegaBoostYourPcAndEvolveAmdAthlonIntoACorei7" just fu*k up your PC even more. Stuff like Adv.. Care and TuneUp Utilites, their "smart cleaning" isn't that smart and can severely screw up your drivers, registry and so on.. Since reinstalling the OS is the free option I would go with that. You can also boot into safe mode and check your HDD for errors.

grana92

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
From my experience those "SuperMegaBoostYourPcAndEvolveAmdAthlonIntoACorei7" just fu*k up your PC even more. Stuff like Adv.. Care and TuneUp Utilites, their "smart cleaning" isn't that smart and can severely screw up your drivers, registry and so on.. Since reinstalling the OS is the free option I would go with that. You can also boot into safe mode and check your HDD for errors.

Solution

HardwareTwitch

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
amd display driver is the culprit

disable display adapter from device manager when in safe mode and relog in and do a fresh install of AMD drivers, of problem resurfaces install older stable driver version.