[SOLVED] normal temps 7600k?

Jan 19, 2019
I also have the 212 evo with my 7600k overclocked to 4.6Ghz~1.275V
my max temps get to about 77-79 maybe 80 max
i messed around with the fan both ways to figure out what worked best and the fan settings.
my idle temps are about 41 to 42

Solution

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

"Normal" depends on different combinations of hardware, software and environmental variables, so a better perspective is to think in terms of "range" and "limit".

"Throttle" temperature (Tj Max) for your i5 7600K is 100°C. This is the absolute Core temperature limit at which the processor will Throttle (reduce Core speed and voltage) to prevent thermal damage. However, since cooler is better for ultimate stability, performance and longevity, it's prudent to observe a reasonable thermal margin below Tj Max.

Here's the nominal operating...

CompuTronix

Intel Master

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

"Normal" depends on different combinations of hardware, software and environmental variables, so a better perspective is to think in terms of "range" and "limit".

"Throttle" temperature (Tj Max) for your i5 7600K is 100°C. This is the absolute Core temperature limit at which the processor will Throttle (reduce Core speed and voltage) to prevent thermal damage. However, since cooler is better for ultimate stability, performance and longevity, it's prudent to observe a reasonable thermal margin below Tj Max.

Here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

Core temperatures increase and decrease with Ambient temperature.

Idle temperatures below 25°C are generally due to Ambient temperatures below 22°C.

Highest Core temperatures occur during stress tests or heavy rendering and transcoding, but are lower during less processor intensive applications. Gaming generally averages around 55°C, yet can range from 40 to 70°C, depending on how a particular game title allocates CPU / GPU workloads, as well as differences in overall cooling performance and Ambient temperature.

You might want to read this: Intel Temperature Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:

Solution