Norton System Works

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I don't know what is happing, all of a sudden I can not install any
programs. I tried to install Norton System Works 2003 and 1st Page 2000 all
I get is a window with "16 Bit Windows Subsystem" at the top and
"c/windows/system32/autoexec.nt." then "The system file is not suitable for
using ms-dos and Microsoft windows applications." This happened once before
with my Dell printer it would not install the software, after a call to Dell
they did something in the msconfig and the software installed. Doe's anyone
have any ideas what to do??? Also when I tried to install Norton part of it
got installed and I can not remove it. Does Symantec have a uninstaller
program or is there a free one that will uninstall the THING?????? The one
that came with Norton is corrupt is what it says. I am running windows xp
pro sp2 with all updates.
Thank you all, for the help, you folks are the best.
Bob

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Try this..

Copy the autoexec.nt file from C:\Windows\Repair to
C:\Windows\System32.
And set Attributes for autoexec.nt to Read-only.