Not able to access ip camera within network

avinashagunde

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
Hiii
I have check my PC configurations, routers configuration & IP camera's configuration.
these are as follows:
For PC:
IP address:192.168.1.54
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
Default Gateway:192.168.1.1
For router:
WAN-
External IP:18x.xxx.xxx.x64
Subnet mask:255.255.255.255
LAN-
IP address:192.168.1.1
Subnet mask:255.255.255.0
Camera Details:
I have assugn static IP as:192.168.1.50
Subnet mAsk:255.255.255.0

On my router i have disable firewall n done port forwarding for camera as port:8000.
with all these configurations I am not able to access my ip camera even from my network.When i enter Camera IP on address bar browser is unable to load page.
what possible mistake i have done..?is it neccesary register @ DDNS even i have assign static ip to camera..???
Please help me..
Thanks.

RealBeast

Titan
Look at your router guide, but it is usually an LAN configuration option or labeled as Static Routes or something similar. In order to set a static address, it must be set in the device and in the router (and the router assigns it by its MAC address).

What do you mean "not connected to router". If you mean you are trying to connect to the camera from some other location on the internet this is much more complex to figure out why it does not work. Some camera systems are designed to prevent this unless you buy special software.

If you have your PC plugged into one lan port on the router and the camera plugged into another (or wireless) I can't see how it won't work. This is basically a dumb switch at this point

RealBeast

Titan
I sure hope he means wirelessly and not over the Internet! :)

RealBeast

Titan
You could have a few different issues, but just to clarify a couple of questions:

Do your cameras work correctly when attached to the router with an Ethernet cable?
Do your other devices (laptops, phones, etc) work properly on your wireless?
Which model router and which model cameras do you have?

avinashagunde

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
yes, my camera works fine when i attaced it to router using ethenrnet cable.
Also other devices my laptop works properly on my wireless network..
I am using ZyXEL Prestige 660HW router & Black EasyN WIFI CCTV WiFi Wireless IP WLAN Pan Tilt IR IP Camera E73.

Is there anything wrong with ip addresses that i have assign..???
what does it mean that "to assign Ip addresses outside DHCP range"..???

It must be a wireless setting in the camera. It must have trouble with the SSID or encryption keys or something. Maybe your router will indicate if a device is attempting to connect.
This appears to be one of those device directly sold from china as cheap as possible. No clue where the manufacture site is for this device more than likely only in Chinese