[SOLVED] Not Able To Install Windows 11 With GSkill DDR4 RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2022
Last edited:
Solution
Hi all,

Swapped out the AMD CPU for an Intel i9 11700 as well as swapped the motherboard out. Installed and ran Windows 11. The system is completely stable now.

Given the checks I ran on the motherboard, ram, and other components prior (all without issues), it appears the problem was a bad, or at the very least incompatible, CPU.

Lesson learned:
Running Linux, use AMD
Running Windows, use Intel
Enable fTPM and disable Secure boot or set to "Other OS" ?
Use one set of RAM at default frequency (2133MHz) ?
Clean up SSD of all partitions ?

Make sure this w11 flash stick boots on another machine.

Sep 28, 2022
Enable fTPM and disable Secure boot or set to "Other OS" ?
Use one set of RAM at default frequency (2133MHz) ?
Clean up SSD of all partitions ?

Lowered all ram to default frequency 2133MHz. Bsod.
Wiped both SSDs , disabled secure boot, and enabled fTPM. Bsod.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
0xc000021a
0xc000007b

Tried one ram stick at a time. Still bsod every.single.time.
Had a display-port to vga adapter which I swapped for an hdmi cable to be sure. Same bsod.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022
Sounds pretty likely to me. The error code suggests a corrupted executable.

Hmm, not sure how it could have got corrupted. I just downloaded the generic Windows ISO from Microsoft and used Ventoy to make the bootable drive. That said, I have a Windows 11 Bootable USB Stick coming from Amazon on Saturday. I will try installing the latest Bios and then using that. Will report back.

AlexianaBritmonkey

Honorable
Aug 4, 2017
Hmm, not sure how it could have got corrupted. I just downloaded the generic Windows ISO from Microsoft and used Ventoy to make the bootable drive. That said, I have a Windows 11 Bootable USB Stick coming from Amazon on Saturday. I will try installing the latest Bios and then using that. Will report back.
Try it without Ventoy. Ventoy could very well be the reason (and I've had it before). The ISO could've been downloaded as defective too, though.

Sep 28, 2022
Hi all,

Swapped out the AMD CPU for an Intel i9 11700 as well as swapped the motherboard out. Installed and ran Windows 11. The system is completely stable now.

Given the checks I ran on the motherboard, ram, and other components prior (all without issues), it appears the problem was a bad, or at the very least incompatible, CPU.

Lesson learned:
Running Linux, use AMD
Running Windows, use Intel

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.