Not Allowed To Edit My Own Message?

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
I don't seem to be able to edit my own posts other than using the quick edit functionality.

I can click on the edit button and the edit form appears however when I press select I get presented with a page stating "You are not allowed to edit this message!"

Solution
You can only use the quick edit function.Only mods can use the normal "edit"
It's locked to other users because there are some options which only mods can change(such as make it a sticky topic etc.)

randomizer

Champion

Actually normal users should be able to use full edit, since the mod-only options won't show up for them anyway. The problem is that it sometimes just doesn't work, and this is most common on the UK forum.

Makes no diifference here, I'm afraid. The ongoing problems with UK posters Badges failing to show is also the same when looking only at the US Forum. A couple of weeks back, I posted for three days from a Central European IP address and that made no difference either.

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Indeed Saga lout.

I don't think it's possible to access all threads via .com. Hitting pages seems to redirect to .co.uk and setting the url to .com after doesn't always work (ever? I've not tested this sufficiently). The user is presented with a message stating the thread could not be found.

Editing your host file will keep you from being redirected in the future. However, there are separate badge totals on each side. Simply stopping the redirect from side to side, won't merge your badge (and/or best answer) total. Instead, your future best answer, and badges, will accumulate on the US side.