[SOLVED] Not Detecting AND Detecting my M.2 Drive?

May 24, 2019
Hello,

I just used my PC to install windows on a separate old hard drive, which seems to have been the worst mistake Ive ever made. Now when I try to boot, I get the 0xc000000e error, saying the required drive is inaccessible. My BIOS says my M.2 slot is empty, but also shows my M.2 drive as an available boot device, which I use to see the windows error I mentioned. How do I fix this and just get back into windows already?

Solution
Right.
So having the M.2 drive still connected when you installed on the HDD resulting in the boot partition on the m.2 having the info for both drives.
Yes, it does that.

Possibly EasyBCD can fix that.

Your HDD would not have booted up in the other system anyway.
  1. It has no boot partition
  2. The OS needs to be installed while the drive is installed in the system where it will live. Not moved from some other system, like you were trying to do.

Lutfij

Titan
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard? Disconnect the HDD from your system and see if you can reinstall the OS onto the M.2 drive. Speaking of M.2 which clot is it occupying on your board(if it has more than one slot)? You should look for Windows Boot Manager in Boot Device Options and that should be the first option.

May 24, 2019
Specs:
See that's the thing. I disconnected all HDDs from my PC, I only have my m.2 drive connected. It worked perfectly fine up until I installed windows on this other HDD, which I'm planning to put in another PC. When I select the m.2's boot manager is when the windows 0xc000000e error shows. My BIOS says my m.2 slots are empty, even though my m.2 is detected as a boot device. So confusing.

USAFRet

Titan
Specs:
See that's the thing. I disconnected all HDDs from my PC, I only have my m.2 drive connected. It worked perfectly fine up until I installed windows on this other HDD, which I'm planning to put in another PC. When I select the m.2's boot manager is when the windows 0xc000000e error shows. My BIOS says my m.2 slots are empty, even though my m.2 is detected as a boot device. So confusing.

"up until I installed windows on this other HDD"
Major bad move.

May 24, 2019
Okay, it didn't delete windows from my m.2, and my m.2 is working properly. At the error screen, if I hit F9 to select a different operating system and select "Windows 10 on Volume 4" rather than "Windows 10" it boots fine. However, it automatically boots into "Windows 10" by default and therefore I get that error screen before boot every time. Is there any way to make it boot normally by default?

USAFRet

Titan
Right.
So having the M.2 drive still connected when you installed on the HDD resulting in the boot partition on the m.2 having the info for both drives.
Yes, it does that.

2. The OS needs to be installed while the drive is installed in the system where it will live. Not moved from some other system, like you were trying to do.

Solution
May 24, 2019
Right.
Yes, it does that.

Shows how much I know. Thanks, I'll try that.

CHRIST ok EasyBCD fixed it in no time. Thanks for all your guys' help!