Not enough power?

Jul 6, 2018
I'm not sure what to put this under. Recently my tower computer has been acting weird. Runs windows 7, 480 gb solid state with 1 tb hard drive, 12 gb ram, gforce gtx (not sure which version,) and 650W power source.

The problem is it's not connecting to the monitor (DVI-D,) also the mouse and keyboard aren't responding/have no energy to them. Tried them on a different pc and they work, and tried different usb plugs and doesn't work. It was working fine 2 weeks ago, but I went on a trip and now it doesn't work at all.

The computer turns on but doesn't look like any energy is going to extensions like mouse, keyboard, and it isn't being found by monitor. I also tried plugging it into the wall vs a power strip.

Help please.

Solution
This is probably a motherboard issue or a power supply issue. The easiest way to troubleshoot an issue like this is to replace the power supply and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, I'd try the motherboard next.

ameyer75

Reputable
May 17, 2017
This is probably a motherboard issue or a power supply issue. The easiest way to troubleshoot an issue like this is to replace the power supply and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, I'd try the motherboard next.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS