Not For Sale: Modded Krait Version Of MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

potka

Reputable
Oct 11, 2014
I think it for sure looks nice but Painting parts seems a little too over the top
I'd rather pick a color scheme and just pick parts accordingly

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
MSI has a nice White version also.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127844
29f5fns.jpg

Fr33Th1nk3r

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
Most mainstream electronics come in an assortment of colors for consumer choice. It's really really sad that the computer component market won't offer the same choices for its components. On countless forums and threads I keep reading "oh i wish it came in x-color so I had to paint it." Well the rest of use don't have the time/means to do so.
So I'm asking the interwebz to please make more variety of colors (at least 4-5) for your components so we can haz purty 'puters.

achoo2

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
I open my computer case as infrequently as possible, so I couldn't possibly care less what color the internal components are.

Mike Coberly

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
I rather enjoy my black on black watercooling setup. EKWB already manufacture beautiful components; no reason to fix what isn't broken.

hannibal

Distinguished
Asus has those tapes with different colors. Well, I am avoiding windowed cases because you can get better silenced computer without, but sure those people who use those windowed side panels, it may be important to have those colors that they really want to have.

Fr33Th1nk3r

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014

Some of us could care less about silence. I like to look at the work I've done.
When I hear the fans on my radiator ramp to cool my beast OC it just screams manhood. A slight humming from the fan shouldn't get people's panties in a bunch.

I had a customer that would by highend gaming cases from me then sandblast the paint off and buy Ferrari red paint from a car dealer ship and repaint the cases. He was selling the cases to gamers for a few hundred dollars each.

Fr33Th1nk3r

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014

That's not a bad idea lol. I'm guessing he put a clear-coat on afterwards for a glossy finish?

I don't remember saying anything clear coat. He had a Ferrari Dealer near his shop so he bought real Ferrari red paint and he paid a lot for it I remember that. For these rigs he bought the top end motherboards, CPUs and GPUs that were out at that time. He didn't sell many of those rigs perhaps 6-8 per year until he shut down to do something more profitable. His Ferrari systems were very top end at the time though, I just remember what he charged for the case was almost as much as the rest of the components. I wonder if anyone out there still has any of his rigs.

I guess the THG folks at CES weren't paying attention :)

MSI-BW-GTX970-tease.jpg

http://www.eteknix.com/black-white-msi-geforce-gtx-970-way/

MSI continues to tease us with beautiful hardware, this time around a black and white themed Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Krait Edition graphics card. One to match the gorgeous Krait Z97 and X99 motherboards.

sheriff12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
If you want to go to the extreme, you could remove the part that you want to make a different color, and mold a new part to the specific color you desire.

Madmaxneo

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
I normally would not care how the innards of my case looks but I am building a gaming beast right now and with the money I am spending I prefer it to look cool. It's like modding a car, have you seen some of those rebuilt heavily modded ones? They are nice and very cool. I look at my case in the same way. That rigs case is windowed on the side so when others come over they can marvel at the beauty in the beast! It would be nice to be able to order a video card with a specific color scheme along with a scheme for the MB. As it is now my new MB is an all black beauty so any dark color video card will do. Besides it is a full tower and why not make it look pretty if not because it already attracts attention!

While I do it for my own personal satisfaction rather than to show others, I take great pains in making a build look sharp and neat. If one of my water cooling tubes isn't perfectly straight at 90 angles or if the coolant color is off a shade, I will redo the tubing and adjust the color. Vendors these days have recognized this and we can buy various color offerings of MoBos, GFX cards, mice, KBs, cases, CPU coolers, radiators, etc.

Unfortunately for whatever reason, I can no longer but different color face plates for optical drives which is a drag. But many peeps apply their own color. This was done with the dip type rubber like paint commonly used for hand tools

900x900px-LL-ea244643_IMG_2316.jpeg

Madmaxneo

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014

Agreed, though I hope I can make it look great. I have not been very successful in past with making the PC internals look good, if anything just the opposite. On the bright side this is my first full tower build and it is a NZXT 820 case so maybe it will turn out better than it has before.

Status
Not open for further replies.