Question Not fully understanding how to use Cinebench R23

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I just downloaded Cinebench R23 and ran the multi core and single core tests. There is no start button next to the MP ratio. After running a complete pass it shows where my CPU ranks in the list of CPU's. If i go to file and exit the program it doesn't show me my results or store them anywhere I can find them on my PC. If I hover over my CPU it tells me what my multi and single core scores are. Is that the extent of this test? I've seen videos of Cinebench that show you a results screen with max temp, CPU clock, etc. I'm guessing those are older versions.

Anyways, my results were somewhat normal with the multi core score of 21363 and single core of 1608. I am not running PBO. My max temp according to MSI Afterburner never exceeded 68C. I know my chip boosts to 4.9GHz pretty regularly. It seems like with the temps so low I should have had a better score? Shouldn't it keep boosting until the temps get too high?

Ryzen 5900x
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
MSI 3080 Gaming Z Trio
G. Skill Trident Neo 3600MHz CL16 32GB
Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1TB x 2
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm AIO
Corsair 780T Case

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I just watched a video where they had task manager open to monitor the CPU clock speed while the test was running. I tried that and the clock speed got to a maximum of 4.23 in the multi core test and 4.82 in the single core test.

I tried running it again with Ryzen Master auto OC turned on. My multi core score was 22345 but the single core score went down to 1589.

Last edited: