Not Getting Gigabit speeds from Comcast

AzureDragon89

Honorable
May 10, 2014
Recently upgraded to Gigabit after renting the new modem from comcast setting everything up and having a tech come and look at everything im suppost to get in the ballpark of about 900Mbps.

according to the equipment from the tech my connection is good he even ran a speed test on a raspberry pie that they use to test speeds and showed me 940Mbps down and 50Mbps up

when i do a speed test on any of my computers all hardwired with CAT6 I get 553Mbps Downn and 41Mbps Up
i have a Killer E2400 Gigabit port and it is showing that it working at Gigabit speeds whent i look at the Ethernet Status

My question is With gigabit are there any settings or changes i have to make to get the speeds in my PC settings ?

Solution
Killer has a history of driver issues mostly because of their stupid "gamer" garbage. This is mostly marketing hype that seems to cause more problems than it solves.

It is so bad killer has drivers on their site that remove all so called "killer" features. Even when they are not actually failing there is a lot of overhead involved with running firmware like this.

It is not just killer though if you were to enable the QoS or firewall features on your router you would likely drop to 350mbps or less because you loss the hardware NAT accelerations and are using the router cpu again.
Have you checked your CPU usage? I noticed on some of my PCs. When running speedtest.net I was hitting 100% CPU usage. Which limited my test results on most of my computers ranging from Core 2 Quad to i3. Only my fastest PCs (i5 and i7) hit 967MB/s on my gigabit connection.

AzureDragon89

Honorable
May 10, 2014

I have an i7-7700 just ran a new speed test with Resource monitor open CPU maxes out during a speed test at 42%

Killer has a history of driver issues mostly because of their stupid "gamer" garbage. This is mostly marketing hype that seems to cause more problems than it solves.

It is so bad killer has drivers on their site that remove all so called "killer" features. Even when they are not actually failing there is a lot of overhead involved with running firmware like this.

It is not just killer though if you were to enable the QoS or firewall features on your router you would likely drop to 350mbps or less because you loss the hardware NAT accelerations and are using the router cpu again.

Solution