[SOLVED] Not getting the download speed I paid for.

Jan 7, 2022
Hi, a few weeks ago I upgraded to 150Mbps download speed on BT.
On my iPad and Phone when I go to speedtest.net, I get around 147 download speed and up to 25 upload.
But when it comes to the PC I get 44.47 download and 15.09 upload.
Is this because my Wi-Fi adapter is old? It does say AC-1200Mbps which is why I'm confused.
And no, I can't switch to Ethernet since my router is far away, nor can I get a powerline adapter because I heard they work a lot worse in extension leads but I have no where else I can plug it into.

Solution
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean
WiFi performance is VERY variable.

House/building construction, interference (neighbors), distance from the router, etc, etc.
I can see different performance with two different devices, in the same room, in direct line of sight to the router 15 feet away.

The only real way to test the speed from your ISP is ethernet.

USAFRet

Titan
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean

House/building construction, interference (neighbors), distance from the router, etc, etc.
I can see different performance with two different devices, in the same room, in direct line of sight to the router 15 feet away.

Solution
Jan 7, 2022

Ohh ok thank you so much.